Choosing the Perfect Bathroom Vanity Unit
Refurbishing your bathroom or building one afresh provides the opportunity to bring in your personal style and sophisticated convenience. At the heart of your design, the bathroom vanity unit plays a pivotal role. Let's find why it's a standout piece and what should guide your selection.
Alternative Bathroom Storage Options
While bathroom vanity units are indispensable, other storage solutions like mirrored cabinets and shelving units are also considered. While mirrored cabinets provide double utility of a mirror and a cabinet, they may have limited storage. On the other hand, shelving units provide display space but lack privacy afforded by closed cabinets.
How to Pick a Bathroom Vanity Unit
Choosing your bathroom vanity unit isn't a task to take lightly. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Available Space: Use the bathroom’s physical dimensions to determine the size of your vanity. Ensure it doesn't disrupt movement or hinder access to other fixtures.
- Style: This includes the unit's material, colour, and design. Choose something that complements your bathroom's theme.
- Usage: Families with young children may prefer a vanity with integrated sinks which are more durable and easy to clean.
- Comfort: Consider the height and position of units and taps. This is crucial for a comfortable user experience, especially for tall families or households with elderly members.
- Safety: Rounded corners and non-slip surfaces add an additional safety layer, especially in households with young kids or elderly people.
Comparison is how we determine value. We've drawn comparisons between popular vanity unit styles to make your decision easier.
When it comes to adding the final touches to your bathroom, embrace the opportunity to express yourself through your vanity unit. Its practicality and the aesthetic appeal can add a dash of luxury to your everyday routine. Choose wisely!
- Are bathroom vanity units suitable for small bathrooms? Absolutely! Compact vanity units are available for smaller bathrooms and en-suites.
- Can I install a bathroom vanity unit myself? Yes, some DIY skills might be necessary. If unsure, it’s best to hire a professional.
- What material should I choose for my bathroom vanity unit? Wood veneers, laminates, and thermofoil are popular choices due to their durability in damp conditions.
- How do I maintain my vanity unit? Regular cleaning with non-abrasive cleaners should be enough. The cleaning routine might change based on chosen material.